EmailFacebookGoogle+PinterestTwittertumblrReddit
And now, the final installment in our “guess the word” riddle series, and we’ve finally hit upon a true beginner-level riddle. Even readers just starting out should be able to tackle this one.

Chinese Childrens Riddles: Study Chinese Characters and Learn to Read ChinesePay particular attention to the double-meaning of the word 面 in this riddle. This riddle rhymes kinda pleasantly, so do read it out loud once you’ve sorted out all the words. The rhyme also might be useful for teaching kids.

Click to Listen

面 – miàn – Face, surface
脚 – jiǎo – Foot
虽 – suī – Although
只 – zhǐ – Measure word for “feet”

没有口,有没有手,有四脚,自己不会走。

Hint: this is a type of household object.

SHOW ENGLISH AND ANSWER »
It has a face but no mouth, it has feet but no hands, though it has four feet, it can’t walk by itself.
Answer: 桌子 (A table)

17 comments to "Riddle: Guess the Word 3"

1. is it a table?

2. 我猜椅子 :D 还对了吗?

3. Chair???

4. Reply 洋鬼子 says: July 9, 2013 at 6:21 am

I it a kerosene heater?

5. is it a table

6. I also thought it’s a kerosene heater.

7. Reply Cleo Lauryn says: March 17, 2015 at 10:40 am

A TABLE!!!!

• Reply ho wai kiat A.K.A. IDIOT says: April 4, 2015 at 3:44 am

IT IS A FREAKING TABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Reply Friendzy Familyzy says: October 6, 2015 at 5:00 am

I learned this Chinese riddle when I was 4 years old.

9. Reply BIargh Cake xD says: November 22, 2015 at 8:24 pm

I think it is a table. My chinese teacher tought me this last week.

10. It’s a table!!!

11. Reply Filomena Claton says: September 27, 2018 at 3:30 am

Thanks for every otherr fantastic article. The place else may anybody get that
    type of information in suh an ideal manner of writing? Ihsve a presentation next week, and I’m
    on the search for such information.

12. Reply LobLobsterLobster says: October 4, 2018 at 5:23 am

A Frking table

13. I got it right!????
    Really proud of myself, as I’m usually pretty bad with riddles.
    (By the way, thank you for these fun beginner materials for helping me learn to the language.????)

14. I am curious to fid out what blog platform you are utilizing?
    I’m having sokme small security issues with my
    latest website and I would like to find something more safe.
    Do you have any solutions?

One trackback to "Riddle: Guess the Word 3"

Leave Comment: