EmailFacebookGoogle+PinterestTwittertumblrReddit

A very short, very easy, Chinese passage about a fictional teacher at Beijing University.

Easy Chinese Reading: Mr. Wang Works at the UniversityYou’ll learn a couple of interesting Chinese abbreviations for some of the biggest and most famous universities in Beijing, and a few school-centric words. Not a whole lot of compelling narrative here, and not much of a stunning conclusion, but good practice nonetheless.

Click to Listen

北大 – běi dà – Abbr. for Beijing University
生日- shēng rì – Birthday
经验 – jīng yàn – Experience
学期 – xué qī – Semester
现代 – xiàn dài – Modern
师大 – shī dà – Abbr. for Beijing Normal University

王先生是北大的老教师,一九三八年五月二十四号出生, 今年五十八岁。 今天是他的生日。 他是一位非常有经验的法语老师。这个学期他教大三的学生现代法语语法。

王先生的一位老朋友是老年大学的老师, 他经常在这个大学教日语。

他的一个学生在师大工作。 他有汉语书,法语书和日语书。 他天天教留学生现代汉语。现在他有五个男学生,八个女学生。

SHOW ENGLISH TRANSLATION »

Mr. Wang is an old teacher at Beijing University. He was born May 24, 1938, he’s 58 this year. Today is his birthday. He is a French teacher with a lot of experience. This semester he is teaching modern French grammar to 3rd year students.

One of Mr. Wang’s friends is an old university teacher, he often teaches Japanese at this university.

One of his students works at Beijing Normal University. He has Chinese books, French book and Japanese books. Every day he teaches foreign students modern Chinese. Right now he has 5 male students and 8 female students.

21 comments to "Mr. Wang Works at the University"

1. Reply Tom Fisher says: July 15, 2011 at 6:27 am

Thanks for this amazing site. It’s very helpful.

2. I have been looking for a site that does exactly what this one does for a very long time. It has taken over three months for me to find a site that is this helpful and useful. Thank you so much for what you have done.

3. Hi!

What textbook is this from?

Thanks!

Paul

4. I have enjoyed reading Mr Wang’s Story. It helped me remember 留学生. 谢谢

5. Awesome website。谢谢你!

6. Reply Kuldeep Sharma says: July 15, 2013 at 6:37 am

yeah…thats a great work..thank you very very much !!!!!!

7. Reply Kanika Khanna says: August 4, 2013 at 9:56 am

Very helpful. Thanks!

8. Thanks for these articles, helps to improve my Chinese :)

9. Thanks for these texts. This is very helpful, and a rare find. A great help for learning.

10. Reply Joanna Huynh says: August 20, 2014 at 4:51 am

谢谢!了不起 :D

11. Thx so much. This is very helpful indeed for my Chinese learning. Hope you keep updating the site.
    :) )))

12. Reply Bùi Công Chức says: October 11, 2014 at 12:13 am

What a pity that I did not know this website earlier, I am sure I would have learnt Chinese much better. Thanks so much for what you have done!

13. Could someone please explain what is the function of 有 in this sentence? 他是一位非常有经验的法语老师

• Reply meisjedatchineesleert says: December 18, 2015 at 9:45 am

De zin betekent: ‘Hij is een leraar Frans die heel veel ervaring heeft.’ Dus die 有 slaat op ervaring hebben. 有经验的老师 = een leraar die ervaring heeft.

• 有 means have/ has.
      他是一位非常有经验的法语老师 (he is a french teacher that has a lot of experience)

14. This is really useful for beginner. I hope the site can have more short and simple passages like this. Thank so much!!!

15. Reply Robby Tong 唐赞良 says: April 25, 2016 at 12:46 pm

Hella easy… last time I came here the readings were pretty difficult.

16. FINALLY A WEBSITE that ACTUALLY helps you practice.

17. 好,更长